ORLANDO, Fla. — Another action-packed, star-studded weekend is here.
MegaCon returns Thursday through Sunday in the north/south concourse of the Orange County Convention Center.
The annual convention draws thousands of fans to celebrate all things comics, sci-fi, horror, anime and gaming.
MegaCon takes place from 4 to 9 p.m. Thursday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
Here are 9 things to know before you grab your costumes and head out the door.
- Four-day passes, premium packages and VIP packages are sold out, but most single-day tickets are still available. However, youth tickets and family tickets for Saturday are sold out. Prices vary depending on the day you attend. Click here to purchase.
- There will be plenty of recognizable faces on hand to meet and greet. Among them: Brendan Fraser from “The Mummy,” Nathan Fillion from “Firefly,” Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith of Jay and Silent Bob fame, Lorraine Bracco from “The Sopranos,” James Marsters from “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” many WWE superstars and the hobbits from the original Lord of the Rings trilogy: Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan.
- In addition to famous faces, there will also be famous voices on hand. Animation and anime voice actors from “Futurama,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” “Dragon Ball Z,” “Naruto” and more.
- Comic creators, cosplayers and tattoo artists will also be on hand.
- You can take a piece of your meet-and-greet home with you. Photo ops and autographs are on sale and vary in price by the star. See a full price breakdown of photos here and autographs here.
- Come in your cosplay best! Costumes are encouraged and, if you’ve been to MegaCon before, you know that attendees go all out. There will be a cosplay red carpet, photo ops, cosplay meetups and more.
- More than 1,000 retailers will take up more than 400,000 square feet for plenty of shopping opportunities.
- Keep the fun going with official MegaCon afterparties throughout the event. Click here for more information.
- The event is family friendly, with plenty of programming for the little ones. Click here for more information.
©2022 Cox Media Group